here's a peacemaker:
Classic COTD #3
- It's fast. 9 range is the best you can get without AU crew.
Speed chart to translate range into probabilities to bridge a gap of
2 cards 3 cards 4 cards Range 03 00.55 00.00 00.00 Range 04 04.42 00.01 00.00 Range 05 19.36 00.17 00.00 Range 06 49.38 01.26 00.00 Range 07 78.33 05.97 00.05 Range 08 94.39 19.04 00.38 Range 09 99.28 42.10 01.86 Range 10 100.00 67.80 06.73 Range 11 100.00 86.80 18.11 Range 12 100.00 96.22 37.07 Range 13 100.00 99.32 59.64
(really valid only for Fed or Rommie ships, I assumed you do not seed Warped Space, but your opponent might do, the error margin is around 2% if this is not true)
The interesting thing is that you gain a huge jump in 3-card flights at range 9 and this shows in gameplay as a big speed boost. (You get another one of these jumps from 9 to 10, so the Decius also greatly benefits from this speed increase.)
- It has good defense. It is not easy to destroy, period. And that's what counts if you want to play a fast mission-solver. Add Nutational shields and two ENGINEER and you are proof from direct Borg hits. And no un-enhanced non-AU ship can damage it.
- It has high weapons. Just to discourage Klingon K'Vort-Fleets from attacking, as they'll nearly always lose a ship from a weapons 8 shot unless enhanced.
- A holodeck is fun for space-only decks. Try with Paul Rice & Co.
- And a tractor beam is a plain must. Radioactive Garbage Scows can prove really nasty.
- The crew requirements are standard for a large ship, and easy to meet with a Fed deck. Plus, the two extra stats points beyond the basic Galaxy have been put in the best possible place.
Oh, weaknesses? No Captain's Log benefit, but who needs that on this ship?
- Any amount of Bridge crew on the Enterprise.
Wesley's rating: 9.1701 Cole's rating: 8.0 Conner's rating: 7.0 Data's rating: 9.0 Q's rating: 7.5 Ranger's rating: 8.0 Tania's rating: --- Tony's rating: 9.0 Jack's rating: 8.8 Nanite's rating: 7.0 Ray's rating: 8.5 Nouwa's rating: 8.0 ---------------------- AVERAGE RATING: 8.2
Visit the Web Pages!
(for best indexing - all cards crosslinked)
http://wizlink.iserver.com/conner/stccg/COTD.html (great Graphics, plus the strategy webboard)
With all back issues from #1 up to today !
Wesley Crusher, the new STCCG Lord
"A couple of lightyears can't keep good friends apart"