Wesley's STCCG card of the day #43
really got you yesterday, didn't I? :-) Too bad I don't have another nasty
idea, just a nasty dilemma:
TARELLIAN PLAGUE SHIP
Dilemma, Space, uncommon.
All ship's crew immediately die from plague unless MEDICAL volunteers to
permanently beam over (discarded) to Tarellians. Discard Dilemma.
"Ship containing the survivors of a Tarellian War plague. Infected from
biological weapons, they are now refused entry everywhere."
Oops, nice card! You actually get an improved Armus and a weakened
Barclay's disease in one card.
The dilemma could also be worded: "Unless MEDICAL present, all of ship's crew
are killed. If there are survivors, one MEDICAL (owner's choice) is killed."
Of course, this doesn't sound as good, but it shows the two-dilemma nature of
Analysis for the first part:
- Effect: great. Maximum damage, not preventable by Genetronic replicators or
similar nasty stuff.
- Conditions to overcome: quite easy. No serious player goes anywhere without
at least one MEDICAL.
- Flexibility: Not too great. Most people play more planet than space missions,
so you don't get too much choice.
- Conclusion: The first part in itself would at best make a mediocre dilemma.
Analysis for the second part:
- Effect: Pretty standard. One less crewmember. Owner's choice, too. But we get
to nail a MEDICAL, which is the most-needed skill. Also, chances are very
good we get rid of a female, so let's use that Love Interest +
Matriarchal Society combo elsewhere.
- Conditions to overcome: Well, I don't see a way around...
- Flexibility: As for part 1.
- Conclusion: Nice little Space Armus. One minor benefit, one minor drawback,
if compared head to head.
Total evaluation: An Armus with a minor chance to get the whole crew. Works
best on those Equipment-heavy players, depending on the rules you play by
(is there an official ruling on this?) the opponent either loses OFFICER +
Medical kit or if this is disallowed, the whole crew. Oops...
Combinations: Would combine quite well with the female-hosers, unfortunately
these are all planet stuff. Sets you up quite nicely for a Barclay's disease
or a Menthar booby trap, but for nothing else :-(
A definite inclusion in every deck (though I might sideboard it in a tourney,
as there are so many planet missions played there)
- Place it right before a Barclay's disease(R): get one with the first, the
rest with the second :-)
Ratings for : TARELLIAN PLAGUE SHIP
Wesley's rating: 8.5
Jon's rating: 7.0
Allen Castaban's rating: 8.0
Tim Kwong's rating: 9.0
Habib's rating: 8.0
Bryan's rating: 9.5
Jeff's rating: 8.5
Holt Kernodle's rating: 10.0
Simon's rating: Doesn't have !!?
Data's rating: 9.4
Jason's rating: 8.0
AVERAGE RATING: 8.59
Please direct all email concerning card of the day to:
Wesley Crusher, the new STCCG Lord
"A couple of lightyears can't keep good friends apart"