Wesley's STCCG card algorithm
Again somebody looking for the algorithm used in the personnel card list?
Okay... here it goes:
- each skill has a value based on the ration between supply and demand.
So a skill present on 17 personnel and needed for 9 missions and Dilemmas
would be 9 / 17 * 10 (constant factor of 10) points, i.e. here 5 (rounded
to nearest integer). A "x2" skill somewhere counts as 2, etc.
- Each attribute point in 1 point.
- Staff Star = 1 pt., Command Star = 2pts.
- Universal = 5 pts.
- Special pseudo-skills ("Soong-Type Android" are evaluated as if they were
- The ability to add to another character's attributes is worth half the
attribute gain for each of the two (e.g. Lakanta and Wes each gain 6 as
the total gain is 4+4+4 = 12)
- If having a skill or pseudo-skill has negative consequences (i.e. Diplomacy
for Zaldan) this is counted as -1 demand for the first formula.
- Special abilities not yet processed are assessed by play value, between 3
and 10 points, again divided by the number of cards that have the ability.
(i.e. Ajur & Boratus get 3 each, for their ability to remove seed cards)
After this all adds up,
- add 10% for a dual affiliation, added to the higher of the two possible
- add 20% for non-aligned
- deduct 20% for a hologram.